Signs that you have thyroid problems
The thyroid gland is an organ that we are not used to thinking about and worrying about its health. And by the way, the thyroid gland produces hormones that control the work of other organs and systems of our body. Symptoms of malfunction of this organ are similar to those that indicate problems with the heart and intestines, so it is very difficult to notice the disease on time. It is necessary at the first symptoms to contact the clinic for testing and examinations. But here are the most basic symptoms that indicate that it is time to consult an endocrinologist.
1. A seal may appear in the neck area. Any seal – it is visible, or you can only feel it with your fingers – is an alarming sign and requires an examination by a doctor.
2. Constant sore throat, lack of voice, pain when swallowing can indicate not only a cold and sore throat, but also problems with the thyroid gland.
3. Sudden jumps in weight in any direction without the absence of any reasons (diets, diseases, physical activity) can also be a symptom of a thyroid gland malfunction.
4. A constant feeling of fatigue, apathy, unwillingness of anything. You can attribute this state of health to many other circumstances, but nevertheless, the reason may be a lack of thyroid hormones.
5. Irritability occurs, on the contrary, with an excess of thyroid hormones due to the fact that they overexcite the nervous system. Any event causes a violent reaction, but such excess energy develops into irritability and nervousness.
6. Very intense hair loss is also an alarming sign. If you have to constantly remove hair from clothes, you find them all over the apartment, and in special concentrations in the bathroom, if the comb is clogged with hair after each comb, then you should worry about the state of your thyroid gland.
Also, a person may have a genetic predisposition to problems with the functioning of the thyroid gland. If your relatives have problems with this, then you should also be examined more often by an endocrinologist.
Why do violations occur?
Violations of the thyroid gland are caused mainly by the following reasons:
– Lack of iodine. This trace element is necessary for the coordinated work of the thyroid gland. Many territories of Russia are classified as iodine-deficient, which is why iodine is additionally added to bread, milk, eggs and salt. However, you should eat foods that are naturally rich in iodine. These include fish, seaweed, nuts and persimmons.
– Other diseases may affect the functioning of the thyroid gland. These are inflammations, tumors and diseases associated with impaired immunity
– Violation of the thyroid gland can also be caused by the intake of some strong drugs. Therefore, get all strong drugs only by prescription.